Internet and Technology
It is not a coincidence that the one element of our modern economy that has been uniquely left free of government interference has created equally unique growth and transformation. An Internet free of regulation and taxation has produced innovation and enhancements to quality of life almost unparalleled in human history. If the market demands Internet services, speed and access, the market will provide them without any help from the government. The government, with its regulatory foot in the door, will inevitably end up attempting to regulate and referee content, speech, and commerce.
Don't Regulate A Good Thing
KEEP THE INTERNET THE CENSOR-FREE, AFFORDABLE TOOL it is today.
- Government should cease subsidizing or giving favorable treatment to Internet service providers and content-creators. 'Net Neutrality' leads to a government role in the Internet that can only lead to unwanted regulation.
- The FCC should not be allowed to create rules regulating content, Internet speeds, and pricing for services. The government should not be in the business of picking winners and losers in the content marketplace. The Internet should remain independent, accessible and market-based.
- Internet 'kill switch' legislation should be scrapped completely. No person or group of people should be able to turn off the Internet.
Don't Tax the Internet
ACCESS TO THE INTERNET MUST NOT BE taxed.
- The Internet has flourished and society has benefited immeasurably because it has remained relatively free of taxation. The moratorium on access and service taxation must be made permanent.
- Every scheme to impose a global Internet tax should be opposed.
Keep the Internet Free & Safe
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT RESTRICT COMMERCE that doesn't hurt anyone.
- Political speech should in no way be censored.
- Online gambling should be legal for adults.
- Crimes committed online should be investigated and treated identically as crimes committed offline. This includes fraud and child pornography.