Gary Johnson 2012 :: Forums :: Grassroots Discussion
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

User Web Pages! (beta)

Author Post
Elwar
Tue Nov 03 2009, 01:14PM Print View

Fighting For Liberty
[ Activist ]

Ok folks, I've added a feature to the site that will allow site members to create their own Gary Johnson web pages.

Have an idea for a page but don't want the complication of finding a hosting company, setting up the site and figuring out how to create a page? You can skip all of that and create a page here at garyjohnson2012.com

You may have noticed the link on the left menu for "User Pages". I've created some basic pages on there as examples. As we move forward I hope that this will become a good tool that can be used by our grassroots efforts.I only have the preliminaries working right now so go ahead and test things out. There's a way to create a page without publishing it (just uncheck the "publish" box before you go to submit your page) so that you can play around with it first.Also, I need suggestions on making it better. I could change the web site format to make the page more personalized without the menus on the sides.Also, I'll do some testing to see if I can get subdomains to point directly to someone's page if they'd like it. Like a bookbomb.garyjohnson2012.com for a page with a book bomb pledge, or <whatever>.garyjohnson2012.com for other ideas. That way you can promote your page more easily.
Josiah Schmidt
Tue Nov 03 2009, 02:31PM

[ Activist ]
Registered Member #17
Neat!

Gary Johnson 2012
JohnsonForAmerica.com
Bill moore
Fri Nov 06 2009, 12:09PM

[ Newbie ]
Registered Member #57
I've been testing this out. Elwar hooked me up with a subdomain so you can now see my page at:
http://videos.garyjohnson2012.com

Quite cool.

To get the background color I created a one cell table and set the table background color. You can also set an image for your table background.

[ Edited Fri Nov 06 2009, 12:10PM ]
Elwar
Mon Nov 09 2009, 11:08AM

Fighting For Liberty
[ Activist ]

[html] [quote] I've been testing this out. Elwar hooked me up with a subdomain so you can now see my page at:
http://videos.garyjohnson2012.com

[/quote1257782844]

Looks like I'm having a bit of trouble with the re-direct.

I'll work on that.

Moderators: admin, Elwar

Jump:     Back to top